One Pot Spinach Rice (From @watchwhatueat)
This one pot meal is easy to make and healthy with the addition of lots of fresh spinach and filling vegetarian protein. It is ideal for those busy days!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields 3 servings
1. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
2. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Then add diced tomatoes and cook them until they soften for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add spinach, beans, rice and cook for a couple of minutes. Add water, vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Season with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Simmer the rice mixture for 18-20 minutes (or until rice is tender) on low heat with lid on.
6. Turn off the heat and serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 196, Protein 8 g, Sodium 715 mg, Cholesterol 0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 38 g (Dietary fiber 7 g, Sugars 3 g), Total fat 2 g (Saturated fat 0.2 g)