Berry Balsamic Glazed Salmon (from Pritikin Longevity Center)
Enjoy a sweet twist on salmon with this very easy to make dish. This salmon is coated in a flavorful sauce made from raspberries, blueberries and balsamic vinegar. Leftovers make a tasty addition to a salad!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields 4 servings
Four - 4 oz salmon fillets
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup fresh or frozen berries (I used fresh raspberries and blueberries)
1. Prepare (pan fry, broil, or grill) salmon fillets until done to your liking. (I pan fried mine)
2. In a saucepan on the stove, bring the vinegar to a boil.
3. Add 1 cup of fresh or thawed berries.
4. Reduce heat and stir regularly until reduced by half.
5. Ladle over the salmon. Top with a few fresh or whole berries if you'd like.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 235, Carbohydrates 12 g (3 g dietary fiber, 11 g sugars), Protein 26 g, Total Fat 8.3 g, Cholesterol 57 mg